Saturday, February 5, 2011

Buttery Roasted Potatoes

Yeah for a Saturday with my family. Boo for this snow/icy weather that cancelled our day of drywall hanging. Grrr. We spent the day hanging out on the couch watching movies and eating pizza. Then for dinner I made the simplest and yummiest potatoes. I broke down and bought a cast iron pan. I have been wanting to buy one for some time but my OCD was holding me back. I tend to over clean and the idea that you can’t use soapy water to scrub the pan clean grossed me out. I can be such an odd ball. Needless to say the pan looks pretty clean even after having a few potatoes stuck to it. I did sprinkle some minced garlic over the potatoes before they went in the oven. Love me some garlic.
020511a
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch Celebrate ‘Year Round
Download Recipe
Ingredients
1 lb gold potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1” cubes
4 tbsp butter, diced
2 tsp salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 400 ⁰F. Place potatoes in a large cast iron skillet and add hot water about 1/4” deep. Scatter diced butter and salt over potatoes; stir. Bake, uncovered for about one hour, until potatoes are light golden and water has evaporated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...