Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mustard & Thyme Potato Salad

I came home tonight, took off my shoes and started going through the mail when I remember I was suppose to bring home milk. Dang it. Back out I went. I came home for the second time when my phone rings. I’m chatting away. Then Haillie brings down her laptop to show me her artwork for the school’s upcoming musical. Which turns into us watching “A Christmas Story”. A quarter after five I remember I was suppose to make potato salad for dinner. Duh! I didn’t have the 45 minutes necessary for the potatoes. My microwave and it’s baked potato button saved the day. These were delish but next time I will go lighter with the red wine vinegar.
If you haven’t done it yet make sure you enter the giveaway for this cookbook. –>Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Giveaway<--
120611b
Recipe from Gooseberry Patch 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches.
Ingredients
2 baking potatoes
1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar, divided
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
pepper to taste
Garnish: 2 sprigs fresh thyme
Directions
Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400 F for 45 minutes, or until tender. When still warm but cool enough to handle, remove and discard skins. Cut into bite-size pieces. Transfer potatoes to a medium glass bowl. While potatoes are still warm, lightly drizzle with vinegar. Fold potatoes over and lightly drizzle again. Gently fold once more; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, thyme and pepper. Pour over potatoes. fold until evenly coated. Transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with thyme. Serve warm or chilled. Serves 4 to 6.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...